Wednesday, August 5, 2009

All At Once

Two days ago this house gleamed. Seriously, it was like diamonds shining off of everything. This morning? I'm lucky I didn't break a toe while venturing through the family room.

I had the hardest time peeling myself outta bed today. My eyes were stuck shut, despite all of the kids being up and ready to take on the day. The boys were asking if they could go outside and play basketball and Molly wanted "do-ahh" first thing (juice). I finally climb out of bed only to find Molly had dumped Erk's entire glass of water (HUGE) on our bed. Off come the sheets. As I'm pulling the sheets from the tucked corners, I hear Molly yell, "Mom? UP!" Sure enough, she is on the top bunk! This is a new hobby of hers. So I get her down and take the ladder off the bunks so she can't do it again.

Downstairs I come to get breakfast going, only to have Mol cry that she can't have "mo" when her bowl is still 1/2 full. Jack won't eat Corn Flakes cause he doesn't like 'em. Mikie took so long getting dressed upstairs right as we sat for breakfast that we prayed without him and he heard us and started yelling from upstairs. All while Bean is whining to go outside the front door. I literally closed my eyes and told myself "try to ignore it, try to ignore it..." Wouldn't you know, Jack started eating, Molly stopped crying and Mikie finally came down and prayed and ate too?

Now? The boys are playing basketball, Molly has had a bath and is dressed and now it's time for me to hop in the shower. Ohh, I see Molly got the Corn Flakes (Jack's new fav :) off the table and pulled the bag out of the box. Now she's snackin'. And what is it I do all day? At least for the first hour I'm up! :) It's 8:29am.