Saturday, April 17, 2010

Butt Kickin'

Somebody's butt is gonna get kicked today. My hubby doesn't think it's very nice when I say that and I know it's not... but somebody will get a butt kickin'! :) The boys can't get along. No matter what they do, they fight.

So it's quiet time and I seperate them. Jack upstairs in their room and Mikie down here in the family room with the bucket full (dumped already) of Legos. I start folding laundry (my fav pasttime). They decide "we can get along" and start playing together with Legos. I toss my headphones and iPod on and fold away. They wave their hands to ask me a question, "can we play the Star Wars videogame?" I look at the clock, it's 1:33pm. "At 2 you can play it..." so they go about Legos and I get back to my Black Eyed Peas. When I hear them roaring overtop of my loud music, I know it's go time. I take off my iPod and declare "no videogame!" That bummed them out and I felt pretty good at that consequence.

Then I seperate them again... Jack in the kitchen and Mikie still in the family room. Molly is trying to nap and their loudness just doesn't quite help that happen. But now? I told them both to head outside. We'll see what sorta fights, cuts, blackeyes, or screamin' I get to hear about in 3, 2, 1...