Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Good Day

Hey! How we doin today? It's so amazing to me how much LESS emotional I am this year about the boys first day of school. It's been a mixed bag in the back of my mind, some days I'd think WOW, they are old enough? Then other days I was wondering if it was time yet!

But the time came this morning, 8:16am when the "big Velveeta" came down the road and picked up our 2 crazy and precious boys. Daddy was here and got to see the boys off too. They got on the bus quickly and turned around for a flash of a smile and found a seat. I then hopped in the truck and headed to their school to snap some pix on the other end. There came bus #10 and off the boys walked. Before the bus door opened, Jack spotted me and smiled through the tinted 2-pane window. They both plopped off the bus with a nervous yet excited smile and gave me a high-five as they walked past. Off they headed with the huge group of other kids to the playground, not quite hand in hand but walking close together. At one point Jack put his arm around Mikie as if to tell him this is where they can hang. So cute... I stood there watching all of this wondering if the tears would come... should they come? They didn't. I watched their Sponge Bob and camoflauge backpacks disappear around the school building corner, a smile came to my face and I walked back to the truck. Climbed in and smiled again. Today is not a sad day - it's a good day. A good day for them to meet new people and do new things.

And now here I sit with Miss Snotty Nose not understanding why the remote controlled car won't work. I'm guessing when it is her, the last one, getting on that bus, many tears will be shed!

Ohh and I'll try to post some pix too - my camera went DEAD at the last shot! Thank you Lord for having my nearly dead batteries last!