Saturday, November 14, 2009

Interupted

10:22pm – finally turned in for the night last night.

2:00am – Jack comes in whispering “Mom? Mommmmm?”

“Hmmm?” I respond without opening my mouth.

“My foot hurts, really really bad.”

So I roll over to get up and head to heat up the heating pad. He has had this before in the night, I think it’s growing pains?! I also grab the Tylenol. He climbs back in bed.

“Mom, what if I’m not really sick and I take medicine?”

“Are you not really in pain then?”

“Well, I don’t know…” as he couldn’t decide which foot it was that needed the heating pad.

Huh.

Back in bed I climb, doze off to sleep.

3:11am – Molly is talking/crying.

I try to ignore it but she won’t quit and it’s unusual. So I get up. She’s stuffed up and says,

“Me ni-nights wif Momma.”

So I figure it’s worth a shot. Get her all comfy in bed with me (and Bean and Rocky). Rocky all of a sudden thinks I’m a dead animal or something and starts rolling all over me. Finally he calms down. Molly sneezes.

“Kee-nex!”

I do the in the dark mom-thing and swipe my hand by her nose to see if she really needed one. Yep, slimy snot on my hand.

Back outta bed. Get a “kee-nex” and wipe her nose. She keeps moving around and talking, saying cute stuff, but keeping us both awake. I let it go until about

3:19am – put Molly back in bed.

4:02am – Mikie comes in, his bed is “all messed up” can I fix it? He moves around so much in the night that his quilt and all end up on the floor. I tell him to just get into bed with me. He does, and apparently can’t sleep. Ends up going downstairs to “lay by the heater” at 5:40am.

5:51am - I hear Jack up. He goes quietly downstairs to join Mikie.

6:24am – I yell to the boys to shut their bedroom door (they are goofin off pretty loud).

6:57am – Bean is barking non-stop. I try to ignore it but know Molly will be awake now.

7:05am – all 3 kids and 2 dogs are in bed with me and wondering why I don’t wanna get up yet.

And I was looking forward to bedtime? :)

No comments: