Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hello


Hello! Here I am. I'm at Starbucks actually, just wrapping things up. Shawna and I met here this afternoon around 1p to digital scrapbook. Good times...

I'm about to head to Chili's to pick up take-out for Erk and I. The kiddos are at Nanny and Papa's for supper, so we'll enjoy a nice (hopefully still warm by the time I get it home) meal.
I hope you've had a good day?
Ohh, and I got to help in Jack's 1st grade classroom today. What a blast. So fun! Each of the 21 kids got to read to me in the hallway. Besides the occasional distraction of kids walking by, it was a riot having that one on one attention/time with these 6 & 7 year olds. Most of the kids are at the same level, 1, 2, 3, 4... But there are 2 kids in Jack's class that are crazy readers. One boy was at level 10. I thought HOLY COW! Until the second to last boy was at a level 20! He read to me about space and the planets and told me all sorts of stories about the moon. The kid was a better reader than I AM! It was crazy! Then the last boy plopped in that mini sized chair next to me and was a level 1 reader. Ahh, back to 1st grade. Amazing how different kids can be!