Tuesday, October 27, 2009

define: RARE

Many of you know my history with wanting to move (into a newer house). It comes and goes, but when it comes, it seems to come on very strong. Well, I wanna move. But we can’t. But I want to. Wouldn’t you know there is a “dream house” for sale? Too much moola, we ain’t movin.

But I can’t help but be reminded sometimes of why I’d love to move. Our toilet in our downstairs bathroom still just doesn’t quite work right. We have a new toilet, been up on the roof, taken it apart – not sure what the beak the trouble is. Anywho – so when ya have to pee, you go upstairs. Such was the case for me a few minutes ago. So I skip every-other-step up the stairs and head into the bathroom. It happens to be just outside Molly’s bedroom and I just laid her down for a nap 5 minutes ago. So I don’t turn on the light, just plop down to take care of bizz.

“Mom?”
“Mom?”
“Yeah Molly, it’s mom, I’m goin’ potty.”
“Mom?”
“Mom? Goin’ poo-poos? Momma stinky.”
This term “stinky” comes from the boys having her say that – it’s hilarious to hear come out of her little mouth.
“Mom?”
“Yeah Molly, I’m still on the potty.”
“Mommy stinky… baby stinky… poo poo diapie… Mikie stinky…”
I finish washing my hands.
“Mom?”
“Mom?”
“Molly, time for ni-nights. Mommy all done.”
“Mom?”
“What Molly?”
“Mommy stinky.”

I come down the stairs smiling and shaking my head as if someone else heard it all go down and I hear Mikie say from the fort him and Jack made this morning,
“I’m a builder, a hawk and a snow monster.”
Jack replies,
“I’m a snow vampire.”
And they continue on playing.

HILARIOUS KIDS!

Ohh, now the boys are in their “ice boat” and “don’t wanna have to jump into the icey water.” Jack can “fly across” and now Mikie says his "hawk skills" are helping him out. RARE!