Friday, October 23, 2009

Interviews October 2009

Tonight, just before bed I conducted a series of personal interviews, one at a time. Below are the first responses made by the interviewees (is that a word?).

What is your favorite color?
Jack: red
Mikie: green
Molly: “dack”

What color are your eyes?
Jack: blue
Mikie: uhh, green
Molly: (she squinted at me)

Who is your favorite person?
Jack: Molly
Mikie: You
Molly: “me know”

Who was the “tin man?”
Jack: This is too hard.
Mikie: I don’t know.
Molly: “I know.”

What does the word “stock” mean?
Jack: Umm, I don’t know.
Mikie: I never really heard that.
Molly: (laughs)

How many teeth do you have?
Jack: I’m assuming maybe 29?
Mikie: (counting out loud with his mouth open) “1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5… 15”
Molly: (opens her mouth as wide as she can)

Where is your favorite camping spot?
Jack: Hungry Horse
Mikie: Hungry Horse
Molly: “damp-een”

What is our next dog’s name?
Jack: Tank
Mikie: Chewbacca
Molly: O’day

Where will you be in 5 years?
Jack: Florida
Mikie: Uhh in another home.
Molly: No.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Jack: Police
Mikie: Police
Molly: No.

What is a “hang nail?”
Jack: What is a hang nail? I don’t know.
Mikie: A nail… it hangs from a wall, right?
Molly: No, I know.

What year were you born?
Jack: Wait, lemme think a minute, 6 years, so that would be 2001, correct?
Mikie: What? July.
Molly: “dune”

Does Bean annoy you?
Jack: No.
Mikie: Yes.
Molly: “yeah”

What annoys you?
Jack: Mike when he’s mean to me.
Mikie: This big hairy beast that is your dog.
Molly: No.

Are you happy?
Jack: Yes.
Mikie: Yeah, of course I am.
Molly: No.

What makes you happy?
Jack: That I get to go to Cedar Point and Don’s cabin.
Mikie: (pointing at me) You.
Molly: “happy, happy birfday…”