Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some People Wait a Lifetime...

Last night I had dinner out with some girlfriends - great time - been too long! While we met at Chili's, Erk and I did the "kid swap" in the parking lot and he went to a place around the corner with the kids. Little did they know, it was "kid's night" at the restaurant and some dude was handing out raffle tickets. Wouldn't you know Molly's ticket was drawn and she got to pick a prize?! Since she really had no clue of what was happenin, the boys picked out an American Idol microphone thingy that you can sing along with music.

Anywho, the boys have been carrying it around singing, telling each other what to do, barking out commands. When they started to play their Star Wars video game, Molly got going on the "mic." She thought you have to put the whole thing in your mouth. Well, she got bored and I found it sitting in my lap. What person wouldn't wanna give it a shot? So I cleared my throat and started singing along to "For a Moment Like This" and put my hand out as if I were on the show singing my heart out. Molly saw this as the perfect opportunity to put the booger she had just picked right in my palm. Guess that tells me... I'm not the next American Idol.