Saturday, May 29, 2010

Down the Road

So... we've made a decision. It wasn't an easy one for me to accept at first, but I'm thankful we know what we are gonna do and will stick with it this time. We are going to pull our house off the market and stay put here in this old farmhouse.

Yesterday I had these feelings of defeat, cause in my mind we were moving this time. But we've mulled it over, prayed about it, talked about it, walked thru it all, even moved some furniture and have decided even though it will be a long list of projects and such, this is our home. Our kids can stay in the same elementary school (which I love thus far), we can still enjoy our privacy and country feel. My 2 biggest obstacles are the busy road and the space (wishing we had more). The road we can't change, but we are gonna put in a pickett fence and some landscaping in the front to set us apart. The space? Someday (hopefully sooner than later) we'll put the addition on the house that we dreamed of 5 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long since the architect drew up the plans! So we are back to dreaming - pondering - and wanting to be here - just as we felt 8 years ago when we first laid eyes on this 100+ year old house. It's a great house, solid structure and modest living. Not too fancy, but hey, look at us? We aren't all that fancy ourselves. Heck, Jack had dried ketchup, black marker and a crusty booger on his face when we went into Lowe's today. (it should be noted I noticed it right when we got outta the truck to head in and I did the ol' "lick my thumb trick" to try to help him out).

Anywho - a decision has been made. Now I can buy address labels when they are way on sale cause I know our address will stay the same :) Lord willing - this is where you'll find us down the road...