Wednesday, November 26, 2008

End of My Rope

Ok, I need to take a chill. I am so irritated by my dog and boys right now, it’s kinda crazy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the quiet time I’m enjoying right now, well, it’s quiet except for my dog who won’t quit chewing on a piece of a shoebox she found. Yeah… is she a puppy? Nooooo. This morning I caught her eating a CRAYON. Puppy? No!

Molly woke up with a 102 temp so I called the doc. She was real lethargic last night (she was just sitting in the middle of the kitchen with her thumb in her mouth, bless her ever pickin’ heart) and this morning her cheeks were all rosy. The doc told me last week at her 15 month well child visit that there was fluid in the ol’ ears. So I assumed that was what the prob was. That and Mikie has been telling me his belly hurts and throat hurts. So we did a double whammo and went to see the doc for both. He tested them both for Strep Throat and they were negative (I was glad and not surprised by the negative results) and said it's just a bug. Jack (and Mikie) was WILD in there, talking over top of me and the doc, screwing around. I tried to maintain a smile but was like COME ON BOYS! The nurse even told Jack to “shush” when he kept on Mikie about “you’re gonna have to get a flu shot!” ARGH!

So we leave there, run to the shoe store to return some boots I got yesterday. I got 2 pair and decided to keep one and look for another cuter pair of brown boots. I had like one selection (the beauty of HUGE feet I tell ya) and I decided to pass. Well as we are going to the counter (where I had set the pair I was going to exchange) I saw a cute pair that looked just like my old Uggs. I will admit, I used to be an Ugg snob, wouldn’t even consider buying non-Uggs, BUT… times do change a woman :) Comes down to $130 or $40? Hmmm… Anywho, I tell the girl I’d love some of those and she says they have to special order them (or I could drive 45 minutes to get them at another store). Then her register isn’t working, there is a line forming, I’m sweating in my winter coat while holding Molly who is insisting on getting outta my arms and the boys are dinking around with the sunglass display knocking pairs on the floor, trying on two pairs at once. I was going to explode inside! The chick working there is now on the phone with her boss trying to figure out the problem, my armpits are soaked and I was done. Done. But I couldn’t be, we had more stops to make!

We go from there to the library to get some books for our 10 hours in the car tomorrow. Jack is running around in the library (he knows BETTER) and I wanna yell, but can’t. Molly is eating puzzle pieces (gross) and Mikie kept bringing me books to add to our stack that were in Spanish!
Selfishly I wanted Taco Bell today – I debated… hemmed and hawed that that may give the kids the wrong impression, they are turds = they get to eat lunch out. But I needed it (PMS), and so we stopped. Ate in the truck and the boys both got it all down the front of them. Can you feel the gasket I was about to blow! I just don’t have it in me today – that extra dose of “that’s ok buddy, we can wash that out.” It’s more like “what the screw are you doing!?!?!?!?!” HA! But we held it together, made one final stop at the video store to get a few movies for the long car ride tomorrow and now I think we are all set. Of course Jack wandered off away from me in there so I had no idea where he was. Sheesh…

But once home, Molly went right up for her much needed and wanted nap and the boys are doing quiet time. Although, they just tried coming down a few minutes ago, whispering on the steps. BACK UP YOU GO! A half hour just doesn’t cut it! Now my dog is drinking out of a piss filled toilet, gotta run -