Saturday, November 29, 2008

What's That On Your Face?

I’m freaking tired and have determined over the past two days that we have candy thieves. Yep, not one but two. Well, one claims the other “made him do it,” but either way... two.

Yesterday before lunch, Jack was asking “can we go take a nap?” What mom doesn’t like hearing that? From him? Heck yeah! He asks, I will deliver! So we get done with lunch and end up heading up a bit earlier than I had figured, but if the boy is askin, I’m game. So I opted to lay down as well – seems I have a new sore throat I’m dealing with, this one is really special and comes and goes hard core. When it hurts, it KILLS. Anywho, I get Mol in bed, then Jack and Mikie and then I plop on down on my cozy pillow, pull the quilt up and try dozing off into la la land. Ten minutes go by and Molly starts talking. Then she’s crying, then talking… I ignore it best I can, re-puff my pillow and try to doze off again, figuring she will give in. Thirty minutes goes by and Mikie is in here dinking around, ever so quietly, but still making his presence known. So I pop open my eyeballs and tell him "I’m trying to sleep!" He says ok and tries to be still. It ain’t workin’, but I still lay here. Bed jiggling, Molly lolly gaggin'... A bit longer goes by and I decide I may as well get up. Mikie asks if we can turn on Disney Channel and I say sure. I then ask him if Jack is sleeping – assuming this entire time that he was. “Nope, he’s downstairs.” Okey doke, why don’t you go get him and have him come watch some Disney too. So Jack comes up with what? What’s that? Chocolate on his face.

I say, “what you been doing?”
He says, “just sitting downstairs quietly.”
REALLY? “What’s that on your face?”
He looks shocked but answers honestly, “ohh, and I was eating some chocolate.”
“How many?”
“Umm, two.”
Again I ask, “how many?”
“Three.”

So he ate three candy bars out of the “candy bucket” but pulling a chair in the kitchen, hopping up on it and getting into the cupboard.

So I tell him, “no dessert for you for 3 days.”
“I don’t care,” he responds quickly.
“Ok, no dessert for 4 days then, Jack.”
“Huh?” he says.

So 4 days got his attention. No sweets/desserts for 4 days. I’m thinking that’s the end of that. UNTIL…

This morning an m&m wrapper is found next to the register downstairs. Turns out our little candy thief was eating candy at 6:30am while we were still SLEEPING! Not only that, but Mikie too! Mikie claims “Jack made me do it” so I asked him the old “jumping off a bridge” question which he answered correctly :) Then Jack proceeds to tell me he’s been doing this “for quite a long time Mom, at least a week I’ve been stealing candy!” Not only candy, but brownies too! Off the top of the fridge! One resourceful little dude I tell ya! What a nut… Now it’s a week, no dessert for either one of them, and the candy was all tossed.

So my blaming Erk for the candy wrappers I found behind the dishwasher last week? I guess he wasn’t pulling my leg when he said it wasn’t him!