Sunday, April 26, 2009

Assume

Not up to much today - had double nursery duty today. Mom and Dad helped me out with Erk gone (he left early this morning for an overnighter golf gig with Matt). I knew the kids wouldn't quite "do" 2 hours (actually ends up being more like 3) in the nursery with me, so at the second service, Nanny and Papa took them home with them and fed 'em lunch. That was great! I scooted over afterwards to pick them up and we came home for naps. Mol went right down and the boys and I ended up watching a mooooovie they had rented the other day while at Nanny and Papa's. I zonked in the chair (I'm such an OLD woman) while they watched. I woke up to "Mom, it's DONE!"

Now I have some good smellin' chicken in the oven and we'll eat supper pretty soon. It's been raining a LOT the past few days. Last night on my way home from our first ever hosted "Laptop Crop," I could only go 20 MPH on our road (which is usually more like 55MPH). It was pouring down rain in sheets. We had a really nice time yesterday, had 5 ladies there total, what an awesome group of Christian women. It was so fun to get to know some more and just spend the day laughing it up and catching up with the others! It's crazy how Tara and I have reconnected after these years, she graduated a year ahead of me and was friends with Meg, but we played volleyball together too. She has some hilarious memories of me and Meg, as we do of her. It's fun to go down memory lane - and to see how much even now we have in common. She's a real cool girl!

Well, I'm off, Mikie is talking to me about monster trucks and I'm not sure what Mol is up to upstairs. I'm assuming she is playing with Jack, but you know what happens when you assume!