Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I owe me $12

I think I owe myself $12. I just trimmed my own bangs! I'd pay to have my hair cut, only needing a quick bang trim, and so I decided to take on the task on my own. It's been YEARS since I've trimmed my own bangs! I figured, heck, if I screw it up, that's what bobby pins are for. We'll see how they work tomorrow morning after I get out of the shower :)

We went to Target and some other places this morning. The boys each had $10 from the piggy banks that they could spend. After looking around for a bit, they agreed on getting a video game for the video system dealio Erk bought a few weeks back. So we've had fun this afternoon taking on "Monsters vs. Aliens" on our PS3. I must say, Jack and I make a pretty good team defeating the aliens :)

While loading in the parking lot on the way home, Rocky's "mom" called and wondered if he could come hang out for a while today while she went to work. She just can't trust her 2 male dogs to be alone for that long. We were happy to take him! He's still here and this dog brings us so much joy! I laid down with Mikie during quiet/naptime and Rock was right there in the mix laying on my legs. He's so cuddly and cute.

Then we played outside for a bit. A little baseball with some "balls" Bean would constantly chase. They weren't real balls, but soft squishy blocks Molly originally got for Christmas that Bean immediately claimed. Now they are multi-use blocks! We had fun and the dogs had a good time chasing down their homeruns (actually they didn't go more than 6 feet) :)

Erk will be home shortly and we're gonna keep it simple tonight - sloppy joes baby. Then I'll meet with Shawna for our weekly meeting at Starbucks. I'm looking forward to a good hot chocolate - mmmmm...


Have a good one!