Monday, April 6, 2009

Pa BEE

the boys version of helping empty the dishwasher :)

I was hearing Molly talk nicely to herself in her crib, but now she is ticked. She's saying "no... BYE!" in an angry, whiny voice. Ohh, here come the "Mommy Mommy!"'s. What a nut. She did something SUPER major today...

She was walking towards the bathroom downstairs with a sly grin like usual (she "likes to brush her "teef") and is always getting toothpaste, etc out. Well, she went and tried to open the toilet lid. I told her not to cause it's "acky" and she walked out of the bathroom for a minute - only to sort of act like she wanted to show me something. So I played along. She starts saying "Pa BEE" over and over. I said, "potty?" and she says, "YEAH!" shaking her head yes. So I unsnap her snappy crotched onesie and take her diaper off and plop her on the toilet. She giggled at first, then got in a deep concentration and I kid you not, she PEED! I could not believe my eyes! I was speechless!! 19 months old!

I'm not sure if it was a freak thing (probably) but she's asked to go "Pa BEE" twice more tonight so I've plopped her little buns on that big round seat. She's giggled and concentrated, but nothing else came out. But what a big step for the little lady! Congrats Pa BEE baby!