Monday, April 27, 2009

Backpack Blockage

Well, here I sit on the couch, covered in not one but two quilts. Bean dog is sleeping on the chair next to me, I can only see the red parts of her eyeballs as she's trying to doze off but this darn light is keeping her awake. See, I went to bed about an hour ago. Erk got home from his golf trip around 7p, which was a nice surprise! The kids were at Granny and Grampa's and here I sat watching General Hospital that was taped today. In comes Erk... he is whipped. So he calls it a night at 9p and I said I was gonna sit up for a bit. But then the house is super quiet and my eyes are a little heavy, so about 9:20p I head up too. Wash my face, check the kids, climb into bed. Then the snoring begins. He can't help it - feels horrible about it - but it's there. I try to convince myself I'm tired enough to sleep anyway, but it didn't work tonight. So I get up, grab my pillow and a quilt and head on down here. I figured I'd take a potty break before getting too comfy so I go in the bathroom down here and flip the light on, only to see the largest freaky spider right there at eye level. AHH! I quickly grab my hairspray bottle which is conveniently on the counter and smack him. He tries to flee, but I was quick and swift and he met his demise. Now I feel like I'm itchy all over, don't ya hate that? So anywho, I get a second quilt while looking for something warm to put on (in the laundry room with all the clean clothes - I can guess what I'll be doing tomorrow - folding 'em) and here I sit. Wouldn't you know I can still hear the snoring down here?? I even went up in the dark and put Jack's backpack over the register and I can still hear it.

Let's hope Bean doesn't snore and no spiders get me in the night. Ohh, and I've decided that McD's "sweet tea" isn't a good idea for dinner either. It's like I have toothpicks holding my eyes open and I'm guessing it's the after effects of that!