Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Ours


Most people have cushy lap sorta dogs who love to go on car rides. Perhaps they like to nuzzle their nose out the ½ opened window and feel the cool breeze on their furry face? Or look out the window longingly at the world of unknowns… wondering what smells are out there, what other dogs they might meet…

NOT OURS. I drove around with Bean for 2 hours last Friday only to find out the people were in fact a “no show” to our house showing. Yep, they were running late and didn’t get here. Here I was, driving anywhere I thought possible. In neighborhoods, but tending to drive on streets where I didn’t have to stop or slow down for fear that would set Bean off. Of course it doesn’t take a slowing down to get her excited, she lept onto our groceries in the back (yeah, I even waited to unload those so I wouldn’t make a mess) 3 times, squashing anything in her path. Then only making things worse when I’d call her to get outta there and she’d step on even more boxes of cereal or toilet paper rolls. Whining the entire time, hopping from back to front, front to back. Sniffing everything, panting, trying to roll down the window that was already opened a crack for her to get fresh air. It was 22 degrees out! She’d hop from where Jack sits to where Molly was and whine to stick her nose out the window. She has honestly rolled the window up on her own head before so I have to “lock” the windows when she rides with us. And to know the folks never came? Ahh, the first of many, I’m sure. The not-so-fun part of trying to sell your house…