Friday, February 11, 2011

99%

Well... not well. Hot water heater...

The dude just left. With our hot water heater. Not the old one, but the new one that was supposed to go in today. Nope. Ain't gonna happen! Old farmhouse! Apparently first we need an electrician to come hook up a box in our basement, then we can be "up to code." We had no idea we weren't! So, we'll see when we can actually take a shower and run the washer or do dishes at the same time :)

Jack is home sick today, poor dude. I got a call yesterday afternoon from his teacher that he had cried twice at school and had his head laying on the desk. So Molly and I went to pick him up and had the office call down to Mikie's room that Jack wouldn't be on the bus on the way home. Once we got home, Jack tossed his cookies and had a fever. He's handled it all really well and even told me this morning while he was warm that he felt "99%." I believe that more now, he's doing well. I called in some reinforcements last night cause Mol had her ballerina class this morning. So Mom took her and then the girlies went out to lunch and to Target. Pretty soon Jack is gonna go hang with Papa (and Nanny and Molly when they get back) while I scoot to Mikie's Valentine's Day party. A bummer Jack is missin his today!

I had to laugh as I watched Mikie stumble through the snowbanks in our front yard to wait for the bus this morning. He had the supplies with him for Jack's party, as well as his. In case I couldn't make the party today. So here he was, a white plastic grocery sack with 4 rolls of toilet paper and 3 boxes of heart shaped brownies. I chuckled as I watching him, mainly because I was trusting him not to drop the stuff or sit on it or tackle it or roll around in the snow forgetting about it. He did it though, as far as I know. I told him right before he headed out, "Mike, think of it as if you have GLASS in your backpack." That line was for the cool valentine's the boys and I made that I didn't wanna have wrecked either. So much PRESSURE for a 6 year old!

Well, we are off. I hope you have a good afternoon!