Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Broke My Heart

Unfortunately, my little buddy had a really difficult time getting back into the swing of school this morning. I knew it wasn't going to go totally smooth, but when he starting running after the truck crying? My heart broke.

We chatted about it on and off this morning, we got "excited" about the new boy in his class. We talked about the birthday party he got invited to that he could talk to his classmates about (cause most of them are probably going too). We even broke it down to where he'd have me drop him off and I built up the idea of being dropped in the back of school where he could go line up with his class. So we get going and he's talking, seems to be holding the "funny feeling in his belly" under wraps. So I pull in the back of school and it's all different now that the construction is done. There is no more drop off back there, so I swung around in the bus lane, figuring it's 8:31a and the bell rings in 4 minutes. A woman walks up and tells me it'd be better to drop off in the front of school and then proceeds to help Jack get out of the truck. The little dude ain't cool with that sorta thing. I could see it all over his face as I watched thru the truck windows. I start to pull away and it starts - he starts bawling his eyes out and running next to the truck. I threw the truck in park and ran around the side to give him a hug and tell him it'd all be alright. As I'm doing this, 3 buses pull in and I'm right in their way! So I had to go. I HAD to go. I left him there crying... I felt horrible! But the woman got an older girl to walk Jack to where his class lines up. I appreciated that so much, but still pulled over in the empty parking lot and cried. Poor kid. I usually am frustrated with his issues with going to school, but today? He's been out since Nov 12 and it's a big deal for him to be back. And a good thing for him to be back. I'm sure he was fine once he got in his class and so far no calls from school. Lil' man...

From there we got gas, I took Mikie to school and Mol and I went to church for a quick meeting. Our mom's group has adopted 2 needy families in the area thru a nearby service center. It feels really good to be helping a single dad with 4 kids, one of which is special needs. The other family is a single mom but we don't know their specifics yet.

I hope you are blessed with a good one today. It feels good to be getting back into the swing of school and all. Adios!