Sunday, December 21, 2008

This Morning

It’s snowing and blowing, it’s 7:01,
For some their day has just begun.
Not me though, been up for a bit,
With the crying of Molly, early we were hit.
So Daddy thought he’d go tell her back to sleep she must go,
But we know that’s not gonna work, it’s just for show.
So where does the little baby in the pink sleeper end up?
In our bed, climbing over to sit on me like a truck.
Does she sit still? You can guess not for a second,
Constant “mama” and babble, my sleep is over I reck’in.
Mikie comes in our room quiet as he can be,
Over to my side of bed to ask a sweet question to me.
“Mom, how many days now til Christmas?” he asks,
“Four,” I reply and he joyfully turns back around to take on his tasks.
Of course it’s still pitch dark out and not even 6:45,
But at that point, I’m completely exposed, no place to hide.
Bean dog makes her way in our room with a swinging open of our door,
Comes on over to my side too, wanting to be pet all the more.
Molly catches wind thru her diving on me that Bean is now in the room,
“Hi!” she says repeatedly and so cute it makes me giggle with a boom.
In between trying to get my hand to hold her chubby knuckled fists,
I decided it’s time to get up, I can’t sleep like this.
So down I come in the darkness to start the day right then,
With Bean right behind us begging to go out, ahh the jobs of men.
I give her a minute and then call her in the backdoor but hear a “ruff!”
She’s waiting at the front door, trying to hide from the stuff.
The snow is coming down sideways and blowing all around.
A safe and not-so-cold place is really hard to be found.
So I let Bean in and Molly has already found a place to climb.
With a child like her she doesn’t mind, has not concept of time.
And now? I have two boys already sitting in “time out,”
Of their mouths although told to be quiet, have been met with shouts.
So here I am with messy hair and morning breath galore,
But behold, heck, what’s my issue? It’s already 7:24…