Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Ho Ho Ho to You

This morning has already met with some pretty funny, and unexpected events. Molly started talking to herself at 5:54am. And we know that that means our day is about to begin. She won’t go back to sleep, if you go tell her she needs to, she’ll only cry really loud so she wakes up Jack and Mikie and then it’s family time at 6:02am. So Erk went ahead and got up for the day and I plopped Miss Molly on our bed with me and tried to lay back down. She thinks it’s fun to sit on my head, and although it can knock stars in front of my eyes, it’s cute. So there she is, sitting on me and in comes Jack. Then shortly thereafter, Mikie. I finally pry myself up from bed and see a dark spot in the hall. Assuming it was a toy, I went to pick it up and it was mushy. Lights on – dog puke! So I was cleaning that up, which turned into a full on upstairs vacuuming before 7am.

We sit down to eat breakfast while Erk is out snowblowing and the boys complain about what we have to eat and "can we have toast?" I tell them they have to wait til I'm done with my bowl of Honey Nuts (I don't like soggy cereal!) and then the boys are fighting about who knows what and “he said he was gonna whip me!” and one of the kids happens to hit the button on the Leap Frog alphabet thing on the fridge and it starts singing, "F, F, F says Fffff..." I chucked to myself.

After their toast is made and buttered and jelly applied, we sit down and somehow start singing Christmas carols (corny I know, but cute). Then came the nasty mess in Molly’s diaper that led to her being pantless cause her jeans had to go in the wash. I had given her a shoe to play with while changing her (if I don’t give her something to keep her hands occupied, you can imagine where she puts them) and Erk saw her with it a bit later and told her not to chew on it. That opened the tired floodgates. He hurt her feelings. So she’s crying and big ol’ tears are rolling down her cheeks and alls she wants is “Momma!” I then go up to lay her down for a much needed nap at 8am, and step on something wet in the hall. It’s a whiz filled piece from Jack’s “Goodnight” from last night. Beak! So I clean that up and head to hop in the shower when Erk beats me to the punch.

See, the other day when the kids and I were bored with tv and being cooped up, I had the boys help me clean the bathrooms. They loved having something to do and thought rolling up their pants and cleaning the showers was a blast! This morning I thought I’d hop in the no-more-clutter shower upstairs which we hardly use (it’s for baths mainly and so it’s always got a thin layer of army men, boats, and misc things we allow to get wet) but Erk beat me to it! I think I may hop in now that Mol is down for a nap and I’ve already picked up puke, pee, cleaned poop and sang Christmas carols! All by 8:14am!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve! Today around 3pm, Granny and Grampa are going to bless us with their presence for a nice dinner – to be prepared by none other than Chef Erk. The boys and I will head to church at 5pm while Molly stays home and plays with Granny and Grampa and Erk prepares the nice meal. Then we’ll be home, eat, open presents, make cookies, what a fun day ahead! MERRY CHRISTMAS!