Friday, December 19, 2008

You call it boring, I call it relaxing

I’m strugglin’ today, I’m not gonna lie. It started yesterday for me, truthfully, and it’s amazing how like clockwork it is anymore! The three letters that get us ladies EVERY freaking month. Yep, that’s me today – trudging thru not only snow, but a lack of patience, a feeling of wanting to be all alone, and this underlying wanting to absolutely kick someone’s BUTT. Yep, that’s me.

I thought since Molly wouldn’t take a nap this morning (all she did was cry and cry) that gearing her and I up to head out into the snow would be fun. The boys were already outside, wouldn’t that make for some cute pictures and a good way for Mol to enjoy winter? Umm, no. She basically cried the entire time sitting there in the snow – wanting nothing to do with the whole experience. The boys kept coming in the house with snowy boots then would walk all over even after I told them repeatedly (and not so nicely) NOT to do that – “stay on the RUG!” So the floors were wet (is there anyone reading this who LIKES having wet socks after stepping in water unexpectedly?) and I am about to be pushed over the edge. Day to day mom stuff, sure, but today? Just don’t got that extra nicey nice thing going on…

So we came in and I unloaded Molly back up in her crib. Sure she cried again for a bit, but she needs a nap this morning! She finally quit and now the boys are playing upstairs ever so peacefully! I told Jack I was just going to sit on the couch for a bit. He says, “not watch tv or anything?” I said “nope, just sit in quiet,” and he thought that sounded so BORING. Not me – I call it relaxing!


cute one of Jack

at least Mikie likes it!


can you see the expression on her face?