Friday, March 20, 2009

No Cooties

Is it wrong I am ready to turn in for the night? I totally am! I'm pooped - women... all the crappy PMS symptoms we deal with :) This morning was busy though, so it's not all in my head.

I took Jack to school, then came home to get Mikie to take him to his field trip. Erk was home this morning for a bit waiting for the cable guy to show. So I took Mikie to the gymnastics place, then Mol and I scooted to grocery shop. I tell ya, that was record time thru the store! We got home, unloaded, I put the fridge/frozen stuff away and then headed to pick Mikie up from the gym. He had a little buddy come home with him from preschool today... many weeks in the making for me to actually set it up, but we did it today! Mitchell is so funny - goofy boy. He and Mikie kinda look alike and today they happened to be wearing the SAME shirt! Cute... So Mikie and Mitchell joined Mol and I as we came home to wait for Jack to get off the bus. Jack got off the bus, I made lunch and then Jack's friend from school, Cassidy, came over. Yep, a little girl. I love that the kids don't have "cooties" yet :) She's so cute, from being in Jack's class here and there, I feel like I've had a great chance to get to know some of the kids. And Cassidy lives right around the corner from us (she rides Jack's bus). She has one brown eye and one blue!

So we had a busy afternoon, but a fun one for the boys. I couldn't just trust them all outside - I know I can when it's Jack and Mikie - but I had to be "on call" all afternoon. It was nice, Mol went right down for a nap and slept over 3 hours, even with all the chaos. The kids played outside (which only brought one incident of crying and a little blood - poor Cassidy got knocked down) and then they came in for some artsy fartsy stuff. Yesterday the kids and I went to Michael's and got some crafty stuff, little wooden kits that the kids could glue and paint. So they each did theirs (although Mitchell didn't really have any interest when the other 3 did) and overall, it was a fun afternoon. We'll definitely have to set something like that up again. Both of their moms came to pick them up and it was nice to chat with them and get to know them better. Cassidy is one of EIGHT kids! And Mitchell is a trailer...

Anywho - after they all left, I let out a deep breath and honestly, went in the bathroom to pop a zit on my forehead :)! Right then someone knocks at our door. WHO THE HECK!? It was a guy with a flyer. Great... So I answer (he saw me so I couldn't avoid it) and what do you know, it was actually our neighbor across the way that we have never met. VERY nice dude, he does lawn service and wanted to let us know (he noticed last year on occasion we had someone mow for us). So that 2 minute conversation turned into him waving his wife onto the porch (she was sitting in their truck reading something) and them coming in the house for a few minutes. Really nice people. They are expecting their first baby in May. She also asked about the window sticker on our truck and I told her a little about our bizz. She asked for a bizz card and said she's been wanting to get into digital scrapbooking. So that was fun too. Always good to know who lives around ya! Man, we've been meeting all sorts of people around! Vinny, also on Jack's bus who is so cute, Jack told me today he has "10 brothers." Well, it isn't 10, but he is one of 9 and I know this cause our next door neighbor told us about the family with 9 boys last summer. The world is getting smaller I tell ya. Maybe not. Maybe it's just cause our kids go to school and ride a bus that makes sense that kids who live on our street also ride. But heck, it sure seems to be shrinking to me...