Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Running Thru My Mind

I should totally be heading to bed, but I can't sleep quite yet. I laid down with Mikie today and as hard as I tried to take a nap, these thoughts kept running thru my mind. About that woman and baby who were killed in Alabama. Senseless. Unbelievable. I think of that deputy who had no idea when he saw that dead guy, that that very man had just taken the life of his wife and baby girl. She was the same age as ME, her baby was Molly's age. Their son, Mikie's age. So it's as if I put myself there... talking to the neighbor across the street, some dude pulls up and opens fire? Kills me and my Molly? Mikie runs to hide cause he's scared? My new baby was shot in the leg? I just can't seem to stop my mind from thinking about those poor, poor people. And all of the family and friends this effects. That little Mikie. Ohh Lord, please give them some peace in their hearts and a way to come unto You in this. Wow. I just can't stop my mind from thinking about it...