Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finally Broke

I think I finally busted thru the crabbiness that has been lurking in my midst for the past few days! Whew, now that was quite the run of it :)

Jack is seeming to be feeling better. Friday night, I checked on all the kids as I do after I get up to "hit the head" and Jack was wide awake. Now while that's not all that unusual, I felt his head and he was burning up. Since I was in la la land from the muscle relaxer, I woke Erk up (out of his deep, LOUD snoring stage 4 sleep) and asked him to get Jack some Motrin. I slid back into bed and zonked. Well, Erk got up, got the Motrin, gave Jack some and instantly Jack started to throw up. So Erk ran him to the bathroom. Yesterday morning Jack woke up feeling pretty good, he didn't want any breakfast, but he overall looked good and acted normal.

Yesterday when we laid down for naps (Mikie was dinkin' the whole time, climbing all over the bed, whispering to himself) but Jack conked. That's unusual. When he woke up? He was glowing red on his face. Hotter than hot. Well just about an hour ago, that fever broke. He's had it 24 hours. He slept with me last night, he was like a heating blanket. I gave him meds and cold cloths all night. Erk slept down here and didn't sleep well at all. At one point, Jack's and my conversation woke Erk up :) Jack and I were talking about the movie Short Circuit at 2am. So now we are glad his fever broke (during a nap today, yeah, his second, again, does that tell you how crappy he feels?). He is sitting up and alert, poor kid. He's been thru the ringer! Mol has been showing some signs of under the weather too, so here's to hoping she will pull thru it rather quickly. Jack is already off for school tomorrow cause of the fever breaking this late in the day, so hopefully tomorrow will just continue as an upswing for him.

I hope you and yours are feeling good? I freaked Erk out earlier by telling him we had rusty ice cubes. He was discusted by it - I told him it's cause we never use that ice cube tray. I had made some ice cubes for the boys yesterday outta apple juice. When my smart "arse" attitude came back, I knew I was back :)