Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today

You know, everyone has their opinion, and I respect that. I'm not offended by what you said on your blog about me, Nan. Life is busy and that's just the way it goes. I may not do it the same way you did it (with more kids than I have :) but we aren't the same person and a 2 year old, is well, a 2 year old :)

I just got home from church - it was really cool, the choir director called yesterday and wondered if I'd like to join the choir this morning in singing at Maxine's funeral. She was so dear :) She died this week after a long battle of illness. She used to sit right in front of me (in the soprano section). Bless her heart. She is rejoicing in Heaven now. She always had a smile on her face!

It felt like no time had gone past (it's been over 3 years) when I zipped up that greenish color choir robe and put the collar on. Felt so good to see so many familiar faces and visit with people we don't really see much any more since the choir sings at the 9:30a service and we attend the 11:00a. One lady even told me "you look like a million bucks!" That made my day! Cute! Very nice...

I then ran to the post office (we had a 100 page digital scrapbook order to ship - that's gotta be one of our largest!) and the credit union. Later today, we'll go to the much anticipated elementary school carnival. The boys have been waiting for this for weeks! Erk is over at the neighbors grilling (aka smoking) some chicken, ribs, etc and we'll be having supper over there. What awesome folks they are.

Anywho, I'm off to eat some lunch. The kids are at Granny and Grampa's house enjoying some time with them. Off I go -