Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Melted

I had the fun opportunity to be in Jack's class this morning to read with the kids. What a hoot! Jack always reads with me first, he's so sweet. Speaking of his sweetness, last night Erk went to pick the kids up from Granny and Grampa's house. On their way home, Erk said something like, "isn't that a pretty sunset?" To which Jack responded, "not as pretty as Mom." Not knowing that, I went out to greet them when they got home and Jack ran up the 3 porch steps and wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tight. Then he told me what he had said. SO SWEET, melts a Momma's heart :) Anywho, back to being at school... so I'm down to the last little girl to read with, who's name happens to be Mollee, and the boy's old DK teacher stops in the hall to chat. She heard from Mikie (she said he's telling everyone!) about me being on the "news" on Friday. So we chuckled about that and she mentioned the PTO. I just saw this morning in the boys backpacks a note about how 3 of the 4 members of the PTO are stepping down. Anywho, Tena told me that she and the current Vice President were talking about it and my name came up! HOW FUNNY! I was flattered and dumbfounded and tickled. That was so sweet that they'd think of me. Do I wanna do it? I'm not sure! As I left school and signed out in the office I asked the ladies if there is a write-up I can read for what is involved in the "job." The one lady in the office has always come across as I'm wasting her time. She gave me tude as I asked her about the PTO. Fortunately the other office lady chimed in and gave me a hand in what I was looking for. The phone numbers of the current board. So we'll see... I'm not sure if I'll do it or not, but I sure was flattered that they thought of me :)