Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm NOT perfect, but I like me

What an interesting week this has been for sure. I’ve cried, I’ve laughed so hard I banged my hand on the table and the silverware made a loud bang, I’ve been ticked, been blessed, spoken in front of a group of women (last night for a presentation Shawna and I gave). Been yelled at by a teacher for my park job, had Jack’s school say on walkie talkies “hold the buses!” as I ran frantically in his school to pick him up, fearing he had gotten on the bus. Been stressed while trying to hold it together for my kids’ sake…

And I can’t help that thoughts creep into my mind from earlier this week when I was spoken to harshly, disrespectfully. I can’t change what others think of me. I can only hope that I live my life to the best I can, with God’s help and amazing grace, and hope to raise kind, loving children in His likeness, along side of my wonderful husband who supports me and brought me home flowers and brownies and my favorite ice cream on the roughest day I’ve had in a while. Ohh and the syrup to put over top of it all :)

But now in hindsight, I can honestly say that I have no regrets for what I said or did when faced with some nasty words. I didn’t swear back. I didn’t yell back at the other person like they did to me. Sure, I lost sleep over it, but now? I’m thankful to be who I am and don’t doubt myself. I’m not “dumb” as I was told, I’m not “blind,” I’m NOT perfect either. But I’m me. And I happen to like me for me. And I know a few other people do too.