Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Ain't Easy

You know, life isn’t always easy. You get “clowned,” put down, told hurtful things at times, but ya need to pick yourself back up and move forward, dust off the dirt and just put that smile back on your face.

So many people out there in this world are hurting. Physically, emotionally… I think of my friend at church who’s husband needs a kidney transplant. He’s facing some life altering changes and it’s very difficult on their family. Or baby Bracey who just celebrated his first birthday and underwent a surgery which put him into NICU because of major complications. Or people who have recently lost loved ones, or jobs...

As you can tell, I am struggling a little with some recent things “slung” at me, but I know in my heart that God will provide. He never said this life on earth would be an easy one. And what I’m processing? It in no way compares to what these other folks I know are dealing with. I can’t help what others say about me… I can’t help what others think. I can just do what I can to love and live and when I mess up, I’ll admit it. It’s hard to be told hurtful things, but when ya know they aren’t true, ya just need to focus on the positive. We are VERY blessed in our cute lil’ place we call home, with not only this roof over our heads, but 3 amazing kids who are growing so fast (and cute as ever). Thank you Lord for all that you provide.