Thursday, February 5, 2009

Restless Bugger

I just had a freakin’ whoppin’ morning! We went to run some errands, like the library to drop books (only could find 11 of the 12 we had to return!) and then we ran to get me an external harddrive for my laptop. I went to the store I bought it from, figuring I’d just tag it on my account there and be golden. Well, after having to lolly gag, and it was obvious I was lingering for someone to HELP me, I had to ask computer nerd worker guy if there was someone “else that can help me?” since he didn’t seem to notice me and my three kids standing there waiting while he chatted it up with some old fart about computers. Once I asked him that question, he turned from old fart and old fart was like, “ohh, you can talk with her,” then looks at me and says “we were just shootin’ the stuff.” Ok, shoot the stuff, but preferable not on my time when Molly is taking tampons and my wallet, mints, old crumbled crackers and my form I need to go get my cholesterol checked, outta my freaking purse! The boys were being picture perfecto, but I was in no mood to wait. So once computer geek guy starts talking to me about what I need AND trying to sell me crap I don’t (tampons are still flying around the shopping cart), my phone starts ringing in my pocket. I ignore it but he can’t. He’s like “ma’am, you need to answer your phone.” Out of politeness, I grab it to see who’s calling and stick it back in my pocket. He then starts talking to me about my cell phone and “ahh, a Palm Centro, blah blah” and I’m just not really feelin’ it. I’m underneath getting frustrated and wanna go. Finally he “checks in back” and finds what I want, I go to checkout. Well, not without issues. They can’t find my account info so they have me call customer service hotline while standing there in a vacant checkout aisle, tampons and mints have been put back but 17 month olds know how to unzip purses. I’m on hold, hold music playing, finally tell someone my issue, then am transferred to another representative who needs my account info to help me. I DON’T HAVE IT! So I hang up and start to leave while another dude who works there is asking if I found what I needed. “Umm, not really, and it’s too hard to wait here with my 3 kids” I say and leave. I did write down what I need and will find the account info here at home on my statements and make a freaking purchase online. Sheesh.

From there we run to Target so the boys can pick something out with the $5 they each got from Nanny when she got home from Florida. It should be noted that Mikie initially thought “Papa exchanged $3 with me for my $5 bill!” He thought that was some kinda deal, til I explained that it wasn’t and was SURE Papa wouldn’t do that. Sure enough, Papa hadn’t, Mikie found all 5 of his $1’s! Anywho, they wanted to pool their cash and buy a toy. We looked up and down every toy aisle, Molly knocked things off shelves, wandered off, tried eating the boxes on the bottom shelves. The boys couldn’t decide and internally? I was coming unglued! I told them we HAD to pick and get out. So we did – they found a Nerf basketball set and were thrilled beyond imagination. We got in the truck and I told the boys how much I appreciated how great they were, and told them I was just frustrated with the Office Max dude and Molly. We laughed, talked the whole way home and were all good. Got home and hooked them baskets up and they are SWEET! The boys are playing bball now! Mol is down for a nap the restless lil’ bugger and I’m off to dig into my website tasks for today. Shawna and I met last night and both came away yet again, EXCITED with where this site is taking us. HOW FUN! Have a good one -

Ohh, and Rocky (Granny and Grampa's old dog) is coming to stay with us for a few weeks while his new owner goes to Florida. He's sucha good pup, we look forward to having him here!