Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poor Picky

Why am I so tired? Crazy how one weekend away and staying up quadruple your bedtime can do that to ya! With being tired, I’m trying to be patient with things like my dog barking at me to be a jerk and Jack feeding a big yellow tent pole down their register during quiet time, trying to get my attention. Quiet time is supposed to be peaceful! Mikie is quiet, he zonked out and Miss Mol did too.

Poor Mikie – I called the doc this morning and a nurse called back and said they’d need to do an ear check. While on the phone with the nurse, she said, “and with that cough, I’d say Jack needs to be checked as well.” Well, it wasn’t Jack coughing, it was BEAN whining and barking at me! Her and I laughed. Bean is sucha turd!

So we went at 11:15a and and Mikie felt like complete butt. He looked like it too. The nurse takes his temp and it’s 101.3. Finally, we go to the doc for a sick kid and they actually have a fever, imagine that. I think that’s the first time that’s happened (kinda like taking a car to a mechanic when it isn’t working right but it works fine for them). Then the doc comes in and looks in Mikie’s ear. He keeps looking, checks the other one and comes back to Mikie’s left. He says there is all kinds of “guk” in there. He decides to run a Strep test and wouldn’t you know? It came back positive! Never have we had a positive with that before! Then the doc tells me Mikie’s ear must have “blew” aka ruptured and there is so much stuff in there, he wants us to come back in a month to check the ear again. Poor Mikie – I could literally feel his pain! So we head out and grab a bite on the way home. I go to our pharmacy window, drop it off and am told 25 minutes. 25 minutes? FOR WHAT? Every time I go to fill amoxicillin, they literally fill it as I am sitting there after I have waited. So today, drop it off, wait in the parking lot. Finish our meals, wait. Molly crying, Mikie’s rash that was on his stomach that the doc first noticed has now moved up to his rosy cheeks. Pull into the line and wait, pull up, wait. I tell them his name and witness the freaking lady add freaking water to a bottle and mix it. It took 25 minutes to wait for her to do THAT? Ticks me off! My kid is bursting with an ear that kills, Molly is crying cause it’s past naptime and that’s what we waited for? WOW.

So we drive on home and head up for naps. Mikie went right down after some medicine and Mol was out. And like I said, Jack isn’t being so quiet. It’s hard though, playing in the same room as little bro sleeping. Maybe I’ll have him go in our room and take quiet time. But then he thinks it’s free tv time :) We’ll see…