Monday, January 12, 2009

Recoup

Good evening. I am sitting here just finishing up putting some names in Quickbooks from our recent orders over the productive weekend. We had 6 orders, did I tell you that? So we were very happy with that! I don't know exactly how this Quickbooks stuff works, but at least now all of our "vendors" and contacts are entered in. Erk will have to help me take it from there.

We had a good day - not great - simply cause the boys didn't feel good. Neither went to school today and with as much as I assumed (we know what that does!) Jack was slightly faking it, he really wasn't. He was kinda hyper this morning and I threatened to take him to school if he wasn't sick. Now why did I threaten him? Seems dumb. I want him to want to go to school, yet I threaten that he'll have to? Sheesh. Live and learn! Anywho, he continues that he doesn't feel good. This afternoon when he called me from the bathroom, I could see for myself that he wasn't making it up! Poor kid - he and Mikie both have diarehha (sp?) so bad. Mikie has had it a few days now and today he looked like a ghost walking around. He also cried tonight cause his ear hurt so bad, poor little dude :( Jack felt like poop (literally) at Granny and Grampa's and Granny said he mostly just moped around. Molly seems to be feeling better after her cough and all last week so that's good. We got home and I got the boys medicine and tucked Mol in and they were all out like a light within a few minutes.

Then I came downstairs and finished up bagging the nice orders from the weekend and here I sit. Erk wanted to go skiing tonight so that's where he headed. It sounded relaxing to him. Relaxing?? HA! But I guess scrapbooking doesn't sound relaxing to him, so I can understand :)

I hope you are having a good night. Please pray for Patti (aka Granny's) friend at work with a little boy, 3 1/2 with Neuroblastoma cancer. She told me about him tonight and then I recalled hearing about him before. They found out when he was 2. It doesn't look good. So that news, combined with Mikie crying cause his ear hurt so bad when we got in the truck (leaving Granny and Gramps) made me start crying. I felt so bad for Mikie cause I know the pain he's experiencing (umm, can you say IOWA?) and then this poor, helpless child. Flashbacks to Laura. Man oh man.

Take care - sleep well - I'll hopefully plug in with ya tomorrow. Both boys will need another day to recoup I'm sure!